From David Pickup, LMFT:
The subject line above is not an over-statement. The LGBT movement is now attempting to make California the first state to pass legislation to make any kind of change therapy for all LGBT issues (including transgenderism) illegal for adults —not just children. At this point, they most likely will succeed.
On 3 April 2018, the California Assembly Privacy and Consumer Protection Committee approved passage of Anti-SOCE Bill AB 2943 to the Judiciary Committee for further consideration. (See the associated video.)
Nothing substantial stands in the way of this bill becoming law but you — but you have to act today, 9 April 2018!!
Please pick up your phone and/or to the contacts shown below.
Also, please share this with all your contacts, churches, and Facebook pages.
Again, these must be sent today!
To emphasize what this is all about, please refer to this and similar bills as “Must Stay Gay” bills — thanks Dr. Brown!
To summarize, what this bill means is that…
- Any therapy that seeks to change sexual orientation in behavior, feelings or expressions will be illegal because it is defined as fraud.
- If you are a church that employees licensed therapists, your church and therapists will be prosecuted for conducting change therapy for a fee.
- If you are a church or ministry that publishes and sells books, articles, or convention tickets on how to experience change in LGBT issues, you will have broken the law.
- If you or your children have been sexually abused, which has resulted in homosexual attractions, it will be illegal to seek change therapy for those homosexual feelings.
- If you or your children have gender dysphoria leading to transgenderism, it will be illegal to conduct change therapy for this condition.
The National Task Force for Therapy Equality and all our good friends have learned that Bethel Church and Biola University in CA are beginning to mobilize and finally speak up in public. HOWEVER, we need YOU to step up to the plate and get the word out to all your contacts that they are desperately needed to contact California legislators immediately to protest the Must Stay Gay bills via emails and calls to the offices of the legislators in power who are leading the LGBT agenda. It may be successful since one of the CA bills has already failed because of opposition. (We will also need your continuing support over the next month.)
WOULD YOU PLEASE SEND THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION TO CA STATE COMMITTEE LEGISLATORS TO HELP US OPPOSE BILL 2943?
You can create whatever copy you like, but there is an example below. We need people in CA to send this so please contact your CA contacts to urge them to help. And we also need YOU to send this no matter where you live in the US. Please ask all your churches and pastors to inundate the CA legislators below with opposition emails and/or phone calls. They need to see immense opposition to Bill 2943. If you have affiliate churches in CA, please send this notification to them.
THANK YOU for your help! Please let me know (888-288-2071) if you have any questions. We need action now.
Dear California legislator on the Judiciary Committee,
We (I) am asking you to vote no on Bill 2943. This naive and destructive bill is an overreach for the following reasons:
- Via CA law, any therapy that seeks to change sexual orientation in behavior, feelings or expressions will be illegal because it is defined as fraud. This is a denial of testimonies of those persons who have experience real and lasting change.
- Churches who employ licensed therapists will be prosecuted for conducting change therapy for a fee. This is a denial of religious rights.
- Professional therapy clinics, churches or ministries that publish and sell books, articles, or convention tickets on how to experience change in LGBT issues will be made illegal.
- Heterosexual children and adults who have been sexually abused, which has resulted in homosexual attractions, will be denied their right to seek change therapy for those homosexual feelings caused by abuse. Many persons in CA suffer from these issues who seek therapy in clinics and with many church therapists.
- Children or adults who have gender dysphoria leading to transgenderism will be denied their right change therapy for this condition. This bill directly conflicts with the American Psychological Association’s diagnosis of Gender Dysphoria in the DSM5 who indicates therapy is needed for people not comfortable with their dysphoria.
- Freedom of speech will be violated if this bill makes talk therapy illegal, which reflects the 3rd Federal Court decision in 2014 over that court’s legal case involving change therapies.
Please do not take away the rights of California’s children and adults who need and want this therapy, and without which they will experience untold suffering. Vote NO on Bill 2943.
You can make calls to any or all of the following CA legislators at the following numbers. Send emails to the same (any or all) to the Coordinator of Judiciary Committee emails, Renee Chavez, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Stone- Chairman (916) 319-2029
Jordan Cunningham- Vice Chair (916) 319-2035
Ed Chau (916) 319-2049
David Chiu (916) 319-2017
Cristina Garcia (916) 319-2058
Chris R. Holden (916) 319-2041
Ash Kalra (916) 319-2027
Kevin Kiley (916) 319-2006
Brian Maienschein (916) 319-2077
Eloise Gomez Reys (916) 319-2047